Juneau, Alaska Climate & Temperature
- Juneau, Alaska, Usa is at 58°22'N, 134°35'W, 7 m (23 ft). See map.
- Juneau, Alaska has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Juneau, Alaska is situated in or near the boreal rain forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 4.8 degrees Celsius (40.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17.6 °C (31.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -0.1°C (31.8°F) on average falling to -5.9°C (21.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.3°C (46.9°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 0.3°C (32.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 17°C (62.5°F) and average low temperatures are 8.2°C (46.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 8.1°C (46.6°F) during the day and lows of 2.1°C (35.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1379.5 mm (54.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1379.5 Litres/m² (33.84 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Juneau, Alaska you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Marion Island, South Africa.
Juneau, Alaska Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Juneau, Alaska Climate Graph in Metric Units
Juneau, Alaska Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Juneau, Alaska, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Mayo, Yukon Territory, Canada - 588.2 kms (365.5 miles) N
- Beaver Creek, Yt, Canada - 566.4 kms (352 miles) NW
- Haines Junction, Yukon, Canada - 316.2 kms (196.5 miles) NNW
- Whitehorse, Yt, Canada - 264.6 kms (164.4 miles) N
- Yakutat, Ak, Usa - 318.3 kms (197.8 miles) WNW
- Teslin, Yt, Canada - 226.1 kms (140.5 miles) NNE
- Watson Lake, Yukon Territory, Canada - 381.1 kms (236.8 miles) ENE
- Fort Nelson, British Columbia, Canada - 695.4 kms (432.1 miles) E
- Dease Lake, Bc, Canada - 267.1 kms (166 miles) E
- Annette/ Wso Ak, Usa - 412.9 kms (256.6 miles) SSE
- Smithers, Bc, Canada - 599.7 kms (372.6 miles) SE
- Terrace, Bc, Canada - 569.3 kms (353.7 miles) SE
- Burns Lake, Bc, Canada - 690.6 kms (429.2 miles) SE
- Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada - 520.3 kms (323.3 miles) SSE
- Langara, Bc, Canada - 466.7 kms (290 miles) SSE
- Bonilla Island, Bc, Canada - 594.2 kms (369.2 miles) SSE
- Sandspit, Graham Island, Bc, Canada - 594.1 kms (369.2 miles) SSE
- Ethelda Bay, Bc, Canada - 665.8 kms (413.7 miles) SSE